Win a Breezair Evaporative Cooler from Bosque Heating, Cooling & Plumbing!
It’s that time of year for another giveaway from KOAT and Bosque Heating, Cooling & Plumbing! We always have our annual 100 Degree Day Giveaway—where we ask Albuquerque residents to guess the date and time of the first day to reach 100 degrees.
Well, we have a winner, and her name is Clare Meyer! Congrats to Clare!
But if you entered and didn’t win, there is another chance for you! Now we’re giving away a Breezair Evaporative Cooler.
Why would you want a swamp cooler?
Many homes in Albuquerque have evaporative coolers (evaporative cooler is just another term for swamp cooler, if you were wondering.) They’re found most commonly in older homes. And while we do many swamp cooler conversions for Albuquerque homeowners, that’s not to say that swamp coolers don’t still have a place in the world of cooling.
We’re giving away one evaporative cooler to a lucky winner, but many of you could still benefit from a swamp cooler upgrade, like the highly efficient Breezair.
Top Benefits of a Swamp Cooler
- Perfect for homes that don’t have the right ducting. When people call us for a swamp cooler conversion, there are a lot of factors we have to take into account. One of these is the existing ductwork and the layout of the home. In some cases, it can be too costly or just not possible to install the ductwork needed for a conversion. There are lots of possible solutions here, but one of them is to simply keep your swamp cooling system but upgrade to a newer model.
- Swamp coolers add moisture to your air. We all know how dry it is here in New Mexico, which is why people gravitated to swamp coolers a few decades ago. Certainly, if you have central AC, we can also overcome the dryness with a whole-house humidifier. But those that have swamp coolers enjoy a more moist environment in their home. They may experience fewer symptoms of dryness, like less dry skin, fewer nose bleeds, etc.
- Swamp coolers save you money. Investing in a new evaporative cooler might be a big chunk of money at one time, but you’ll quickly see it pay off with reduced energy bills. According to PNM, swamp coolers only use one-fourth of the electricity that central AC systems do. So you’re saving a big chunk of change compared to your neighbors with refrigerated air.
- New swamp coolers come with rebates. Because evaporative coolers are much better for the environment, PNM incentivizes them with rebates. During the year 2022, all you have to do is send in a copy of your sales receipt or invoice from the installer and a copy of a recent energy bill. PNM will send you a $300 rebate for authorized Breezair models. Learn more about rebates here
- Swamp coolers filter the air. Unlike refrigerated air that recirculates the same air, swamp coolers are constantly pulling fresh air into your home and passing it through pads that are very effective at blocking pollen, dust, and other allergens.
Clearly, there are a lot of reasons to love evaporative coolers. And while some homeowners are eager to switch to refrigerated air, many are perfectly content with their swamp cooler. And those people are saving money, breathing clean air, and enjoying the benefits of air that is less dry.
Why We Love Breezair Evaporative Coolers
There are a handful of good evaporative cooler manufacturers out there, but we install Breezair by Seeley International for several reasons. To start, their patented technology allows these swamp coolers to have a greater capacity for cooling than other brands of swamp coolers. Since evaporative coolers traditionally only cool a home to about 20 degrees below the outside temperature, every little bit helps when you’re talking about the cooling capacity on a 100 degree day.
Additionally, Seeley International is an internationally recognized brand and is the largest cooling manufacturer in Australia. We’ve been installing their product for a long time and we really stand by it.
If you have questions about installing a new evaporative cooler, please call us! Of course, you can enter our contest too and hope you’re the lucky winner. Or, if you don’t want to wait, we can get you on the schedule asap. We also have financing available, as we know it’s a big investment to get a new major appliance. Contact us today, and tell your friends that have evaporative coolers about our contest!